DCSIMG

Two rescued from burning flat

l

l

Two men in their 30s had a “lucky escape” after the couch they were sitting on caught fire.

The incident happened at about 2am today at a third-storey flat on Grange Avenue, Chapeltown.

Fire engines from Moortown and Gipton attended the incident.

A spokesman said: “The fire started after a heated set light to items behind a couch - this then spread to the couch and caused a lot of thick, heavy black smoke. The two male occupants of the flat were out when we arrived and did not need hospital treatment.”

He added several other residents in neighbouring flats had to be evacuated as a precaution.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page