School’s out but there are plenty of activities across Leeds to help entertain youngsters this summer.
And here are a few suggestions to help keep your little ones busy this weekend.
FRIDAY, August 8
* Abbey House Museum, in Kirkstall, holds a weekly Pick and Mix family activity session every Friday between 10am and noon.
* Leeds City Museum will hold a Tiny Tigers session for under fives and their carers.
The free arts and crafts activities run from 10am until 11.45am.
* Chapeltown Library will hold an Opera North Little Voices session between 1.30pm and 2.30pm.
The free sessions are for children up to the age of four and their families. Book a place by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 0113 223 3557.
SATURDAY, August 9
* City Beach at Millennium Square will be officially opened today. Free admission.
* Leeds City Museum will hold a family craft activity between 11am and 12.15pm. Admission free,
SUNDAY, August 10
* Families can get on their bikes with a free Sky Ride Local.
There will be a three-mile Roundhay Park Easy Loop from 2pm, a three-mile ride from Carr Manor Community School to Meanwood Valley Urban Farm at 10am and a challenging 23-mile ride from Roundhay Park to Harewood House Loop at 10am.
To book a place on one of the rides visit www.goskyride.com/leeds
* Lotherton Hall will hold a Summer Sixties Picnic between 11am and 3pm.
There will be retro games, live music and children’s entertainment.
* The Friends of Middleton Park will give visitors the chance to handle birds of prey in the Visitor’s Centre at the park from 2pm until 4pm.
* Leeds City Museum will hold a special story time for children aged under five and their carers between 2.30pm and 3pm.
MONDAY, August 11
* Lotherton Hall will launch its Challenge Week. Free but usual admission applies.
* Visitors to Middleton Park will be able to create their own bug hotels.
The session starts at the Visitor’s Centre at 11am.
Free admission and children must be supervised.
* Join Farsley Library in its Magical Hour and be transformed into a mythical monster between 2pm and 3pm.
Free event suitable for children aged five and over.
* Get crafty at Garforth Children’s Craft Club at Garforth Library between 3.30pm and 4.15pm.