Now the Olympic Games has drawn to a close you might want to fill the sporting void with a visit to Leeds city centre for a high-octane weekend of adventure.
Mountain bikers, climbers and general adrenalin junkies will be demonstrating a whole host of activities with the arrival of Outdoor Pursuits Yorkshire.
The event promises to bring a flavour of the countryside to Millennium Square for a three-day extravaganza showcasing all that is best about outdoor pursuits and the great outdoors.
Visitors will get to take part in some inspiring demonstrations or just step back and enjoy the show.
Star guests include Ben Savage, who has appeared on ITV’s Let’s go for Gold, and his freestyle mountain bike stunt team.
They will be putting on a jaw-dropping show revolving around an eye-catching obstacle course.
Other main attractions include:
* a 50-metre mobile zip line – the only one of its kind in Europe;
* workshops with experts in bushcraft and survival skills for people wanting to learn new skills or brush up on the art of survival and tracking;
* two Roktagon boulder climbing features;
* a single-deck bus that inside replicates a caving system;
* slack-lining – the latest American craze to hit the UK in recent years;
* a climbing wall;
* a low ropes course.
Over the weekend there will also be an exclusive range of trade stands selling specialist kit.
Outdoor Pursuits Yorkshire will be at Millennium Square from Friday until Sunday, from 11am until 5pm each day.
Entry costs £5 for adults with under 16s going free (when accompanied by an adult).
All of the activities will be free for visitors to enjoy and are included in the ticket price with the exception of the mobile zip line, which costs £1 per ride.
For further details call 01422 260 295 or visit: www.outdoorpursuitsyorkshire.co.uk