Today the Yorkshire Evening Post can announce a new set of course dates as part of our mission to recruit an army of lifesavers in Leeds.
Hundreds of readers have already been given the basic first aid skills to help be the difference between life and death in an emergency.
The YEP joined forces with St John Ambulance to offer special first aid sessions after we revealed that over half of parents in Leeds lack the skills to save their child’s life in an emergency.
And today we can unveil a new set of course dates as part of our First Aid For All campaign to teach basic first aid to 500 people in Leeds.
David Nicklen, St John Ambulance’s regional manager training and community projects, said the response from the city has been fantastic and we are nearly half way towards smashing our target.
He said: “The response from the people of Leeds to the First Aid for All campaign has been absolutely brilliant and a real boost for the work of St John Ambulance.
“We’ve seen people of all ages and from all walks of life recognise the urgent need to know basic first aid.”
The special three-hours courses help readers to treat someone who is choking, learn how to put someone in the recovery position and how to administer CPR.
Shocking figures show that nearly one-fifth of Leeds parents do not view learning first aid as important.
Shadow Chancellor Ed Balls is backing our first aid campaign after taking part in one of our courses.
The Morley and Outwood MP will host course at the Unity Hall, on Commercial Street, in Morley, on Friday, April 4.
St John Ambulance are offering a three-hour course at a discounted rate of just £20.
To book your place, telephone 01924 262 72 and press option four and quote discount code 20EFAAA.
* First Aid courses will be held at Shine Business Centre, Harehills Road, on March 25 at 9.30am until 12.30pm.
* Friday May 2, between 10am and 1pm
* Friday May 16, between 9.30am and 12.30pm.
* Wednesday, May 21, between 1pm and 4pm.
* Tuesday, June 3, between 9.30am and 12.30pm.
* Thursday, June 12, between 1pm and 4pm.
* Friday , June 27, between 10am and 1pm.
* Shadow Chancellor Ed Balls will host a course on Friday, April 4, at Unity Hall on Commercial Street, in Morley, between 1pm and 4pm.