Leeds’s new concert arena showed its true colours by supporting the Yorkshire Evening Post’s First Aid For All campaign.
The YEP has teamed up with St John Ambulance to teach 500 people basic first aid skills in Leeds.
The First Direct Arena turned its lights green this evening and pledged its support for the campaign which aims to create an army of lifesavers in the city.
Ben Williams, general manager at first direct arena said: “We are proud to be supporting Yorkshire Evening Post’s First Aid For All campaign by turning our landmark arena green to help raise awareness of first aid training around the city.
“As Leeds’ largest entertainment venue, we can welcome up to 13,000 people through our doors on an event day and the safety of our visitors is paramount.
“It’s a great initiative and we’re encouraging people to get involved and sign up for upcoming training events around the city.”
LEARN TO BE A LIFESAVER
* St John Ambulance are offering a three-hour course at a discounted rate of just £20.
* To book your place, telephone 01924 262 726 and press option four and quote discount code 20EFAAA.
* First Aid courses will be held at Shine Business Centre, Harehills Road, on Friday May 2,from 10am.
* Friday May 16, from 9.30am.
* Wednesday, May 21, at 1pm
* Tuesday, June 3, at 9.30am
* Thursday, June 12, at 1pm.
* Friday , June 27, at 10am.
* Shadow Chancellor Ed Balls will host a course on Friday, April 4, at Unity Hall on Commercial Street, in Morley, between 1pm and 4pm.
* There will also be a course at Leeds Church Institute on April 24 at 9.30am.