DCSIMG

Candle sparks house fire

An unattended candle sparked a fire in a home and left a pensioner needing hospital treatment.

The incident happened at around 5am today at a four-bed detatched house on Azerley Grove, Harrogate.

Fire crews from Harrogate received the call at 5.08am and were on the scene by 5.15am. A spokesman for the fire service said the woman was taken to hospital suffering smoke inhalation but said this was not believed to be life threatening. He added the cause of the fire, which destroyed the living room and left the ground floor of the property smoke-logged, was a lit candle which had been left unattended.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page