Dairy Milk maker Cadbury and its US suitor Kraft Foods are finalising details of an agreed takeover deal, the companies confirmed today.
Oreos and Philadelphia cheese giant Kraft said the boards were "finalising the terms of a recommended offer" and confirmed an announcement would be made shortly.
Kraft is expected to secure the backing of the Cadbury board after it reportedly tabled a revised bid worth up to 11.7 billion.
* Click here to follow the YEP on Twitter.
* Click here to become a fan of the YEP on Facebook.
* Click here to sign up to free news and sport email alerts from your YEP.
* Click here for latest YEP traffic and travel news.
* Click here to view the Leeds Millennnium Square webcam.
* Click here to add your name and location to our Leeds Ex-Pats Map.
* Click here to watch the latest YEP weather report.
* Click here to watch the latest edition of YEP TV.
Click here for a full run down of the 21 YEP community sites launched around Leeds to date.