voting is now open for the Leeds Hotels and Venues Association Awards’ Unsung Hero 2011.
A group of 14 champions have been shortlisted to compete for the prestigious title, and today we can reveal the second batch of nominees who are vying for your vote. They are:
* Michelle Wilkinson, 31, a guest service assistant at the Holiday Inn Express, who, when not busy with her own job, is busy training others. Guest breakfast time was transformed thanks to her hard work.
* James Waide, 31, a cellar man at Hilton Leeds, is in charge of the bars’ liquor stocks and the recycling of glass, cardboard and paper. His bosses say that he is never fazed by whatever is thrown at him.
* Karen Procter, 45, accounts assistant at The Queens Hotel, has saved the entire hotel group thousands of pounds over the years with her rigorous number crunching.
* Judith Brown, 47, gardener at De Vere Oulton Hall, went from volunteer to head gardener in just four years, going on to win the hotel its first Yorkshire in Bloom gold award.
* Angie Morrell, 33, sales researcher at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, runs a work experience programme for children at the hotel in her spare time after her working day is complete.
* Paul Steele, 64, maintenance manager at Ramada Leeds Parkway, was nominated by bosses for his loyalty, professional, knowledge and near-perfect attendance record as he approaches 50 years of service.
* Piotr Kruczko, 33, assistant maintenance manager at Novotel Leeds, always goes the extra mile like the time that a hotel water tank failed and he spent two days manually refilling it until it was fixed.
Pick your favourite and email firstname.lastname@example.org, typing the name of the person you think deserves to win in the subject bar.
Voting closes at noon on Friday, June 10.