Police have formally named a 75 year old man who died in a horrific house fire at his home in Harrogate.
James Kirkpatrick died in the blaze at his home in Birch Grove on Thursday, December 30.
As reported in the Yorkshire Evening Post, fire crews were called to the semi-detatched house at 1.22am and found it heavily ablaze.
Two fire appliances from Harrogate were quickly backed up by appliances from Knaresborough, Ripon and Tadcaster, including an aerial platform.
The cause of the fire is being investigated by North Yorklshire Police and North Yorkshire Fire Service.
An inquest into Mr Kirkpatrick's death was opened in Harrogate on Tuesday this week and was adjourned.
* Click here to read latest letters to the YEP Editor.
* Click here to sign up to free news and sport email alerts from your YEP.
* Click here to follow the YEP on Twitter.
* Click here to 'Like Us' on Facebook.
* Click here to add your name and location to our Leeds Ex-Pats Map.