Fire crews called to Leeds home as fridge catches light

editorial image

Firefighters were called to a terraced house in Leeds this morning to tackle a kitchen fire.

Crews from Leeds and Moortown were dispatched to Gathorne Terrace in Harehills at around 9.45am.

They found the fridge in the kitchen was on fire.

Two hose reels and four breathing apparatus were used while the blaze was put out, and positive pressure ventilation was then used to clear the smoke.

A fire service spokesman said there were no smoke detectors in the property.

Joanne Mjadzelics

Exclusive - Ex-partner of paedophile rock star Ian Watkins: "Police treated me like I was crazy"