Fire broke out in cellar of Leeds house

Firefighters were called to Sutherland Terrace in Harehills. Picture: Google
Firefighters were called to Sutherland Terrace in Harehills. Picture: Google

A man suffered smoke inhalation when a fire broke out in the cellar of his home in Leeds.

Crews from Leeds Fire Station were sent to Sutherland Terrace, Harehills, at around 12.50pm today.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the house and used a hose reel to put out the fire.

A spokesman said the man suffering from smoke inhalation had been given a precautionary check up by paramedics, but did not go to hospital.

B wing at HMP Leeds.

Second death at overcrowded Armley prison