Family can bury boy, 5, victim of savage attack - inquest

The incident scene.
The incident scene.
0
Have your say

A five-year old boy suffered “severe” head and abdominal injuries during an incident at his home, an inquest heard.

Haroon Danyal Bhatti, from Aberford Road in Pontefract, later died at Pinderfields Hospital after being rushed to the accident and emergency department at lunchtime on Monday, January 23, the inquest at Leeds Coroner’s Court was told yesterday.

Pazeer Ahmed, 34, Haroon’s father, remains in police custody charged with his son’s murder.

Det Sup Paul Taylor, from West Yorkshire Police’s Homicide and Major Enquiry Team, is leading the investigation.

The officer told the inquest that a murder inquiry had been launched following the youngster’s death and a man had been charged in connection with his killing.

The court heard that an initial post mortem carried out on the boy’s body at Sheffield Children’s Hospital by paediatric pathologists revealed he had suffered “severe blunt force head and abdominal injuries”.

Coroner David Hinchliff said: “A person has been charged with the murder of Haroon and will ultimately face trial at Leeds Crown Court.”

He said a written application from defence solicitors for a second forensic examination of Haroon’s body had been granted, and the results of that are pending.

Mr Hinchliff approved an application for a burial order and released the boy’s body so he can be laid to rest by his family.

He adjourned the inquest until the detailed report from the second post mortem is received from a Home Office pathologist.

A spokesman for Haroon’s family said after his death last month: “He was a much loved son, brother, grandson, nephew and cousin.

“We are in a complete and utter state of shock at the untimely death of Haroon.”

Proactis has published a trading update

Proactis achieves ‘substantial’ strategic progress