Lawyers representing Sir Cliff Richard are due at the High Court for the latest stage of a dispute between the singer and the BBC.
Sir Cliff has sued the BBC over reports naming him as a suspected sex offender.
BBC editors have said they will ''defend ourselves vigorously''.
Detail of Sir Cliff's claim emerged last year in paperwork lodged at the High Court by lawyers.
A judge, Mr Justice Mann, is scheduled to oversee the latest in a series of preliminary hearings in London on Thursday.
Sir Cliff has taken legal action against the BBC and South Yorkshire Police over coverage of a raid at his apartment in Sunningdale, Berkshire, in August 2014.
Lawyers representing Sir Cliff said in written submissions in October that he had suffered ''profound and long-lasting'' damage.
In December a BBC spokeswoman said bosses would defend the coverage.
She said the BBC had reported Sir Cliff's ''full denial of the allegations at every stage''.
In June, South Yorkshire Police apologised ''wholeheartedly for the additional anxiety caused'' by the force's ''initial handling of the media interest'' in its investigation into the singer.