Boy, 13, taken to hospital after fire at Leeds house

Eastwood Crescent, Swarcliffe. Photo:Google
Eastwood Crescent, Swarcliffe. Photo:Google

A 13-year-old boy was taken to hospital by ambulance after a fire at a house in Leeds.

Fire crews from Killingbeck and Garforth were called to deal with the blaze in the kitchen at a house on Eastwood Crescent at Swarcliffe just before 5pm yesterday. (March 9)

West Yorkshire Fire Service said the house was heavily smoke logged after a chopping board was left on the cooking hob.

The 13-year-old boy was taken to hospital by ambulance after suffering smoke inhalation.

Crews used two hose reels and four breathing apparatus during the incident.

Triathlete Beginners for at Bramley Baths, Leeds..Owen Scurrah-Smyth is pictured during the session..11th January 2017 ..Picture by Simon Hulme

Bramley Baths to stage their AGM in the baths... that is, in the water