Another bank holiday is upon us and there’s plenty to do in Leeds. Here are five of our favourite events.
1) LEEDS FEAST: Tuck into the free street food party at Belgrave Music Hall, North Brewing Company’s Taproom and Headrow House on May 28 and 29.
2) GIN & VODKA FESTIVAL: The Corn Exchange will host the event this weekend with more than 30 types of vodka and 80 varieties of gin on offer. Click here for more details.
3) SLAM DUNK: Now in 10th year, the rock festival is expecting more than 15,000 music fans to attend the event at venues across the city on May 28.
4) MONTY PYTHON POP-UP: Northern Monk Brewery will launch a pop-up gallery featuring art based on Monty Python sketches at 6pm on May 27.
5) GARDEN PARTY: Join the party at Canal Mills as the venue plays host to street food, cocktails, craft beer, art and DJs from midday on May 29.
6) FLAMENCO FESTIVAL: The popular Flamenco Festival is back at Holy Trinity church on Boar Lane. The event kicks off today and includes performances from flamenco guitarist Juan Martin, dancer Carmen Moncada and singer Antonio Aparecida. Tickets start at around £16. Visit artstrinityleeds.co.uk for details or to book.
7) DERREN BROWN: Back by popular demand, master of psychological illusion Derren Brown is returning to the Leeds Grand Theatre with his show ‘Derren Brown: Miracle’. Performances will be held from May 30 to June 4. For more information or to book tickets, visit www.leedsgrandtheatre.com.